SELL YOUR INSTRUMENT ON CONSIGNMENT WITH WT MUSIC & SON
Selling on consignment through us offers several advantages over selling privately. (i.e. through Craigslist, local classifieds, etc.)
· We are open 6 and sometimes 7 days a week where customers can come in and try out the instrument. You don't have to worry about setting up appointments and having people not show up, and don't have to worry about dealing personally or financially with complete strangers -- often risky business on Craigslist. On the flip side, potential buyers usually feel more comfortable dealing with a reputable repair/sales shop than with a stranger.
· We have been in business for over 60 years and have a strong reputation for a great selection of high quality instruments. People know to shop with us who are in the market for your item.
· All instrument sales come with WT Music & Son's unprecedented 1 year of free maintenance and service plan. We cover repairs due to normal use not abuse, misuse, improper use or negligence for a year after the instrument is sold. We stand behind your instrument for a year with the buyer at no additional charge to you. Our buying customers love this feature of sales with WT Music & Son and you are the benefactor at no additional charge.
· We are known for our repair expertise and thus we know what needs to be done to get an instrument in peak playing condition. One of the great features of our consignment program is that we will absorb up to $100 in repair costs into our commission fee if that's all it took to get your instrument sold. Other stores will charge you for every repair done on the instrument.
· We can also list your instrument on eBay where it will be available to millions of potential buyers. Our eBay store has a stellar reputation and we handle all photography, individualized thorough descriptions, communication, payment, packing & shipping.
· We have a very reasonable commission rate of 15%.
All instruments brought in for consignment must be approved by Chris Tarnowski. If repairs are recommended, in most cases we will deduct the repairs from the final payout. The consignor does not need to pay for these repairs up front. We only charge for repairs if the instrument needed more than $100 in repairs to get it ready for sale. We will absorb the repair costs into the commission if the instrument needed $100 or less in repairs to get the instrument ready for sale. We discuss that with the consignor in our evaluation of the instrument.
In most cases you will be required to leave your instrument(s) for Chris Tarnowski to examine for sale. In some cases, we may be able to set up an appointment for you, or arrange pickup of your instrument(s) if you are in the New Jersey area.
The consignor will be contacted directly with a recommended selling range. After the consignor agrees to the selling range, WT Music & Son goes to work for you on selling the instrument(s).
Our selling philosophy is that we try to generate interest with our existing local customer base first. We do this so that the customer can get maximum value on their payout as the commission and repairs are the only costs deducted in the final payout. If the instrument is not selling, we discuss putting the instrument on eBay with the consignor. Putting the instrument on eBay offers a broader range of customers. However, there are fees associated with listing(listing fees, final value fee and PayPal fee), selling and shipping(we offer free shipping on all our eBay listings) on eBay that will be deducted from the consignor's final payout.
If you no longer wish to have the instrument sold by WT Music & Son for you, you can simply pick up the instrument(s) at our shop. We will only ask you to pay for any repair costs incurred in getting the instrument ready for sale.
We have reasonable commission rates of 15% on consignments that are based on the selling price of the item. When the instrument is sold, we calculate the final payout in the following way:
Final Sale Price
Less: 15% commission of final sale price
Less: Repairs(first $100 of repair costs absorbed in commission.
Less: eBay fees(listing fee, final value fee, PayPal fee, shipping fees) if the instrument was sold on eBay
When the instrument sells, we call you with the final payout.
Many of our customers have been pleased with the efficiency of our consignment approach and our commitment to limiting costs to get the maximum final payout for your instrument(s).
Call and consign with us today!!!